Ok folks, here is part 3 of my guide to downtown Dallas series! A list of some fun things you can do if you find yourself downtown. I’ve done most of these and highly recommend all of them!
- Reunion Tower – Don’t do this if you’re afraid of heights! Here you go to the top of the tower, inside the giant sphere where you get 360 degree views of Dallas! There are binoculars so you can look all around and inside the globe there are lots of fun facts about Dallas and the surrounding areas!
- Sixth Floor Museum – This is the museum dedicated to the death of JFK, and y’all it is GOOD. It’s located IN the textbook depository building where the shots were fired, which makes the whole experience even more meaningful. The museum tour took me about 3 hours to get through (lots of reading and listening to an audio guide) and it was totally worth the price of admission. Everyone should do this at least once. Seriously.
- Glass-front pool at the Joule Hotel – I haven’t experienced this yet, but this pool looks so cool! It juts out BEYOND the building and has a glass front, so it looks like you’re swimming out into the air! I hope to try this soon!
- Neiman Marcus – This is the original one!! Get some shopping done in a historical building (and go to one of the yummy cafes inside!)
- Perot Museum of Nature and Science – Quite a fun museum! There was a lot to learn and interact with, and definitely worth checking out (even though it isn’t free and I’m used to all museums being super free thanks to St. Louis. #spoiled).
- Dallas Museum of Art – I really enjoyed this art museum. It had a lot of great pieces to look at and it took me a few hours to get through – this would be a fun date spot!
- Nasher Sculpture Center – This is definitely one to do when it’s not TOO hot outside. Or too cold. Just a spot for a nice afternoon spent looking at art. They sometimes have events there, too, which look pretty fun!
- Klyde Warren Park – This small park has it all! Food trucks (which I mentioned a few days ago), a little play area for kids, a splash pad, a Southwest Porch, free games to play like Foosball, and they have free fitness classes throughout the week (like yoga, Zumba, and tai chi!) You could seriously spend most of the day here!
So many fun things to do!! A lot of the things on this list (and the other 2 lists, too) are a part of the “Official Kelly Tour of Downtown Dallas” so anyone that comes to visit gets a good overview of what downtown has to offer. I give a good tour, y’all. FILLED with fun facts and trivia. 🙂
Today is the last day of my mini girls weekend vacation, and I’m spending the day with my parents in Oklahoma! I hope that you’re having a great Monday!